Vegetable Crisper Bag
The Crisper Bag uses moisture and air flow to keep produce (vegetables, fruits and herbs) fresher for longer.
- Free from dyes and chemicals
- 100% organic cotton
- Ethically made in USA
- Standard (11” x 12”) : This size is great for carrots, cucumbers, peppers, baby spinach or heads of lettuce.
- Two Pocket (11' x 14"): This size is great to keep your herbs fresh. Cilantro, parsley, dill and other leafy herbs. Also handy for smaller veggies or portions.
- Large (11” x 17”) : This size bag is recommended to hold kale, celery, zucchini, and leafy heads of lettuce or larger amounts of loose leafy greens.
- Extra Large (14” x 17”) : Once called the "chef bag", this bag can fit several heads of lettuce, lots of kale, large amounts of collards, and a tremendous number of beets.
100% organic french terry cotton. The thread and the tag are cotton. The tag is printed with vegetable based, food safe dye. The cotton is grown by the Texas Organic Cotton Marketing Cooperative and hand sewn by employee-owned Opportunity Threads using ethical labor practices.
Use + Care:
Wet the bag then wring it out. The cloth bag keeps moisture-loving vegetables crisp in a breathable and high humidity environment. Rinse the produce, shake off excess water. Store in the main compartment of your refrigerator or in a slightly opened crisper drawer.
Moisture slowly evaporates from the surface of the bag to circulate air and keep the vegetables “breathing”. When the bag dries out after several days, re-wet slightly by running it briefly under the faucet, vegetables and all.
To clean your bags, turn them inside out and launder with fragrance free detergent. Hang in the sun to dry or machine dry. Expect 10% shrinkage the first time as this is a 100% cotton bag.
100% certified organic and ethically made. Sewn at a worker-owned facility in Valdese, North Carolina.
When you bags eventually reach the end of their life, they can be disposed of in your home compost. Cut your bag into smaller pieces to help it break down faster.