Ethos Shop Associate (Part-Time)
Hi there! Interested in sustainability and helping others live a less wasteful lifestyle? We are hiring a sales associate at our low waste shop & refillery located in Capitola Village. Come have some fun with us!
This is a part-time hourly position 15-25 hours/week. We are looking for someone who is available weekends and over this upcoming Holiday season. The day to day of this role will include assisting customers within the shop by walking through our low waste offerings or refilling their containers from our refillery. The shop is generally very busy, so someone who can multitask, work under pressure, and all while giving outstanding customer service is a must for us.
The Ethos Sales Associate upholds Ethos’ mission to serve our community as a resource for the building of more ethical and sustainable habits into our everyday lives. You are responsible for creating a novel experience for Ethos customers, one that will leave them considering their actions and the changes they can make to their day-to-day lives.
- Reliably open and close the store
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Assist with inventory, including receiving and stocking merchandise
- Conduct regular cleaning and deep cleanings in the shop
- Assist with behind the scenes washing, filling, lifting, cleaning bulk products and containers
- Perform merchandising duties to maintain an organized and appealing appearance
- Help customers select and fill products
- Responds to customers questions
- Determine the specific needs of customers & provide appropriate service
- Drives sales through engagement of customers, & sharing product knowledge
- Be proactive in your ongoing education regarding the company, our products and offerings
- Work in partnership with the team, managers, and owner to keep the store staffed, clean, safe, welcoming, and representative of the Ethos brand
- 1+ years of retail sales experience
- Have a consistent and strong work ethic
- Have a desire and willingness to learn new skills
- You are people-oriented
- Have a high level of emotional maturity and strong communication skills
- You have a basic understanding of the 5 R’s of low waste: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rot (compost)
- You believe that environmental justice is social justice
- You stay up to date on current events and trends in sustainable lifestyle, products, and environmental activism
Why Work For Us:
- Lots of opportunity to grow
- Flexible schedule
- Generous employee discount (40%)
- Work right down the street from the beach in Capitola Village
Compensation: This is a part-time hourly position starts at 15-25 hours / week. The starting compensation is $16.
Physical Demands: This position involves being on one’s feet and standing for the large majority of shifts. The position also involves sitting, squatting, and needing to lift, carry, and pour liquids comfortably up to 40 lbs.
Diversity & Inclusion: At Ethos we promote a culture of continuous feedback and improvement, encouraging an open dialogue and transparency for our team. We hold zero tolerance for racism (as well as sexism, ableism, xenophobia, homophobia, etc). We strictly hire individuals who align with these principles.
Equal Opportunity Employment: We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Health & Safety: Ethos is a COVID-safe business that strictly follows all CDC and Santa Cruz County Public Health guidelines. Our ideal candidate maintains and prioritizes COVID-safe practices (our whole staff is currently fully vaccinated).
We will be evaluating applications on a rolling basis, and will keep this job posting up until the role has been filled. Please send your resume and a little bit about yourself to [email protected]