Ethos Sales & Order Fulfillment Associate
The Ethos Sales & Order Fulfillment Associate upholds Ethos’ mission to serve our community as a resource for the building of more ethical and sustainable habits into our everyday lives. You are responsible for creating a novel experience for Ethos customers, one that will leave them considering their actions and the changes they can make to their day-to-day lives.
What You’ll Do: Retail Sales Associate Duties
- Create an excellent customer experience including engaging customers in conversation and creating a positive experience by offering useful information that is free of judgement.
- Demonstrate high-level product knowledge and educate Ethos customers on general sustainability and product information.
- Determine the specific needs of each person who enters the store and provide appropriate service.
- Manage customer complaints and problem solve to uphold Ethos’ standards for an excellent customer experience.
Shop Maintenance + Merchandising
- Perform merchandising duties such as straightening, arranging, and displaying products to maintain an organized and appealing appearance.
- Keep the shop in peak working order with cleanliness in accordance with the daily & weekly checklists, including tasks such as sweeping, mopping, box breakdown, storage organization, and lots of restocking, and refilling of products in our refillery!
- Maintain a clean and well-organized back-stock areas
- Work in partnership with other team members, the manager and the owner to keep the store staffed, clean, safe, welcoming, and representative of the Ethos brand.
- Be proactive in your ongoing education regarding the company, our products and other offerings.
- Accept new product shipments by unboxing, counting, adding to inventory, storage, and adding new price tags.
- Test and evaluate potential shop products.
- Wear a mask covering the nose and mouth at all times
- Carry out additional safety protocols during store hours to keep yourself and customers healthy and safe.
What You’ll Do: Order Fulfillment Associate Duties
- Provide superior Customer service by ensuring timely processing and delivery of customer orders.
- Resolve customer service issues including coordinating and processing refunds, exchanges or returns.
- Provide superior customer service, technical support and product knowledge via phone or email.
- Execute all steps of product fulfillment by picking and packing all customer pick up, delivery and shipment orders
- Prepare all shipping materials necessary for fulfillment
- Fill customer orders promptly and accurately
- Inventory tracking and management
- Perform quality inspections of orders to ensure they uphold the Ethos Brand
- Update status of customer orders using Ethos software
Our ideal person for the job:
- You embrace and pursue a low waste lifestyle in your everyday life - in ways that work best for you - and are eager to share this information with the Ethos community.
- You are able to work independently, taking initiative for the store environment and duties during your shift.
- You spark up conversations and provide excellent customer service
You are committed to the growth of Ethos and excited to be an important member of our Ethos family!
- Retail sales and merchandising experience and/or another form of customer service experience is strongly preferred.
- You understand and apply the 5 R’s of low waste: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rot (compost).
- You believe that environmental justice is social justice.
- You stay up to date on current events and trends in sustainable lifestyle, products, and environmental activism, so that you can educate and engage with customers on these topics.
Hours : This is a part-time, 15-25 hour a week position. You must be willing and able to work weekends.
This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing and standing for extended periods of time. May involve reaching overhead, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching and carrying product that is necessary for customer service, restocking of inventory and store merchandising. Heavy lifting is occasionally needed with boxes up to 50 lbs.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Ethos we promote a culture of continuous feedback and improvement, encouraging an open dialogue and transparency for our team. We value the acts of listening, learning, and growing with our community to continue to incorporate all perspectives in our communications. We hold zero tolerance for racism (as well as sexism, ableism, xenophobia, homophobia, etc). We strictly hire individuals who align with these principles.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Ready to apply? Please email us with your resume, cover letter (why you want to work with us) and your availability attached. You can also drop them on by the shop and say hello :)
Thank you! We look forward to meeting you!