We Are Hiring!
Hi there! We are looking for a PT Sales Associate to add to our Ethos Team! Please read through the job overview to see if you would be a great addition to our team. Keep in mind that we do require weekend availability. If you are interested in joining the team, please email [email protected] with your resume, cover letter and your availability. The deadline to apply is May 7th.
The Retail Sales Associate
The Ethos Sales Associate upholds Ethos’ mission to serve our community as a resource for the building of more ethical and sustainable habits into our everyday lives. You are responsible for creating a novel experience for Ethos customers, one that will leave them considering their actions and the changes they can make to their day-to-day lives.
What You’ll Do:
- Create an excellent customer experience including engaging customers in conversation and creating a positive experience by offering useful information that is free of judgement.
- Demonstrate high-level product knowledge and educate Ethos customers on general sustainability and product information.
- Determine the specific needs of each person who enters the store and provide appropriate service.
- Manage customer complaints and problem solve to uphold Ethos’ standards for an excellent customer experience.
Shop Maintenance + Merchandising
- Perform merchandising duties to maintain an organized and appealing appearance.
- Keep the shop in peak working order with cleanliness in accordance with the daily & weekly checklists
- Maintain a clean and well-organized back-stock area
- Work in partnership with team members, the manager and the owner to keep the store staffed, clean, safe, welcoming, and representative of the Ethos brand.
- Be proactive in your ongoing education regarding the company, our products and other offerings.
- Accept and unbox product shipments.
- Test and evaluate potential shop products.
- Wear a mask covering the nose and mouth at all times
- Carry out additional safety protocols during store hours to keep yourself and customers healthy and safe.
Our ideal person for the job:
- You are skilled in customer service and able to handle critical customer situations
- You have experience in retail management and/or product merchandising of any kind
- A positive attitude and energy
- You are a problem-solver and have a strong ability to resolve issues in the moment
- You embrace and pursue a low waste lifestyle in your every day life - in ways that work best for you - and are eager to share this information with the Ethos community.
- You are able to work independently, taking initiative for the store environment and duties during your shift.
- You spark up conversations and provide excellent customer interactions
- You are committed to the growth of Ethos and excited to be an important member of our Ethos family!
- 1+ years of retail sales experience
- You understand and apply the 5 R’s of low waste: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rot (compost).
- You believe that environmental justice is social justice.
- You stay up to date on current events and trends in sustainable lifestyle, products, and environmental activism, so that you can educate and engage with customers on these topics
Why Work For Ethos:
- Lots of opportunity to grow with us
- Competitive pay
- Generous employee discount
- Be a part of a rad like-minded Ethos team
- Work right down the street from Capitola Beach!
This is a part-time, 10-20 hour a week position. You must be willing and able to work weekends, both Saturday and Sunday. Our shop hours will change to 11 am to 6 pm when we hire the perfect person.
This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing and standing for extended periods of time. Involve tasks such as reaching overhead, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching and carrying products, restocking of inventory and store merchandising. Heavy lifting is occasionally needed with boxes up to 50 lbs.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Ethos we promote a culture of continuous feedback and improvement, encouraging an open dialogue and transparency for our team. We value the acts of listening, learning, and growing with our community to continue to incorporate all perspectives in our communications. We hold zero tolerance for racism (as well as sexism, ableism, xenophobia, homophobia, etc). We strictly hire individuals who align with these principles.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.