$ 34.95 Excl. tax
Did you know that when we wash synthetic clothes they shed tiny fibers called microplastics, that make their way into our waterways? This bag acts as a filter for these microplastics AND protects fiber breakage, extending the lifetime of your textiles!
Microplastic pollution in our waterways + environment are a huge problem in our fight against plastic pollution. Not only do they enter our waterways, but eventually make their way up the food chain..to US!
A few tips to stop microplastics from entering our waterways:
1. Buy natural non synthetic textiles such as organic hemp, cotton, bamboo & linen! (we have found some great ones at the thrift store!)
2. Consider adding a filter to your washing machine. (Wexco’s Filtrol 160). @saveourshores is working on a mandate, requiring the installation of microfiber trapping filters on commercial and residential washing machines! Read more about it here!
What the Bag Does:
- Reduces fiber shedding and protects your clothes.
- Reduces microplastics in our waterways
Dimensions: 29.1 x 19.7 in (74 x 50 cm); 65 g (2.3 oz)
How to use:
- Fill the washing bag half full with synthetic textiles (polyester, acrylic, nylon, etc.). Most apparel contains synthetic fibers to some degree, unfortunately, sometimes it is not stated on the label
- Wash your clothes as usual with other non-synthetic textiles in the washing machine.
- Remove your wet clothes after washing and air or machine dry. The released microfibers stick to the upper corners inside the bag
- Remove build-up of microfibers from the corners and dispose of them
- Use liquid detergents only and do not use more detergent than needed.
- Wash only clothes of similar colors together in the bag
- Do not wash warmer than 30°C/ 86°F to reduce hydrolysis of polyester fibers.
- Do not rinse the bag under water.
- Do not overfill - the clothes need space to move inside the bag
Material: Made of untreated polyamide and can be recycled in textile recycling with other groups of identical materials (PA 6.6).
Care: Do not dry the washing bag in the sun or in the dryer.
Packaging: This washing bag comes in a paper sleeve with a paper information packet that can both be recycled.
End life: Remove the metal pieces from the plastic zipper teeth. Recycle the metal zipper.Recycle the plastic teeth in plastic recycling.The cardboard box and paper information packet can be recycled with paper recycling.
More reasons why we love them: The profits from sales go to STOP! Micro Waste and the STOP! Plastic Academy to raise awareness about (micro)plastic pollution and to educate students, adults and industry partners about the problem. For more tips on how to reduce microfiber waste from washing, follow StopMicroWaste’s ten for the ocean washing guide.
Reviews Create your own review
0 stars based on 0 reviews Create your own review
$ 34.95 Excl. tax